Forward House, 8 Duke Street, Bradford
1,559.18 Sq M
- Suitable for conversion to provide residential apartment units
- High profile prominent corner location
- Close to Forster Square train station
- Large open plan office areas
- Feature private offices utilising attractive timber partitioning
The property occupies a prominent corner position at the junction of Duke Street and Upper Piccadilly, close to the shopping areas around Darley Street and the Kirkgate Shopping Centre. The surrounding area is a mix of secondary retail, offices and residential. The Kirkgate Centre has recently announced the opening of the new TJ Hughes Department Store and Boyes Department Store. Nearby on Darley Street is the former Marks & Spencer building, which has been acquired by Bradford Council together with adjoining buildings, to create a new “market lead” shopping development which will relocate the market from The Oastler Centre.
Nearby, a number of buildings have recently been converted to residential use, including the prestigious residential development at Manor Buildings by MMR Construction and, a number of other buildings including the reconstruction of Leeds House by the Priestley Group and developments on Piccadilly by the Sekhon Group. A large former office building on Piccadilly has now been converted to be occupied by a health care practice.
The property is close to the Forster Square Station and within easy walking distance of a number of car parks and all shopping amenities.
The offices in Forward House comprises the Ground, First and Basement levels, of this substantial, presumably former Wool Warehouse and Office Building. The property includes the following specification:
• Reception area, with security access divides
• Large open plan office areas
• Separate DDA compliant entrance and wheelchair lift
• Air conditioning units
• Powder coated thermally insulated aluminium double glazing
• Suspended ceilings with recessed lighting
• Toilet facilities on each floor and disabled access toilets at ground floor level
• Shower facilities on first floor
• Archive storage area
• Individual meeting rooms in reception area
• Feature private offices utilising attractive timber partitioning
• Skirting trunking